Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursdays-Independence

As we just celebrated America's Independence, yesterday, I think it is only appropriate for me to say in writing how thankful I am for a free nation.  I am thankful for the men that fought hard, many who gave their actual life, to keep this nation free from religious and governmental oppression.  I am thankful for their wives and children who had to deal with hardships of all kinds, including threats to their lives.  I am thankful for all of the men and women that were brave enough to do something different and stand behind their decision, no matter the cost, so that the rest of us could have a better way of life.  And, I'm thankful for all the men and women, past and present, that continue to fight for our freedom and security each and every day.  I am so thankful to be an American. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment