Thursday, July 12, 2012

My 2012-2013 Curriculum list and a few wishes

If you homeschool, or ever have, you know that there comes a time, every year, when you have to plan for the next year.  For me, I start evaluating, researching, and planning after Christmas because I want to know exactly what I'm doing and exactly what I'm going to need before all those wonderful used curriculum sales start, come spring time. 
For this next year, our math curriculum is being totally switched up.  While I'm excited about what it will offer my children, I confess that I'm totally nervous.  It's a whole new concept and style of learning than neither my children or myself are used to.  Language Arts and spelling will also be different this year, and...I'm also adding a foreign language to the mix.  Yay, me, lol!
So, here's what we will be doing when school starts...


 Math U See for both children at their appropriate levels



Language Lessons for the Elementary Child by Sandi Queen (for the 8yo)

Explode the Code, Bob Books, and other readers (for the 6yo)

All About Spelling for both children


Various real books and other reading material for the 8yo

The Holy Bible for both children (although I'm still looking for a specific curriculum)

A Reason For Handwriting for both children (continuing with print for the 6yo and continuing cursive for the 8yo)

Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day: Exploring Creation with Zoology 1Apologia's Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day and Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day for both children.  The 8yo will do the Junior Notebooking Journals that go along with them.

Story of the World Vol. 4: The Modern Age for both children

Prima Latina for the 8yo

The Usborne Piano Course Book One for both children



Since I homeschool on a budget, I'll leave a few things I wish I could be using and may incorporate if/when I get the money...

All About Reading ($99)

We Choose Virtues character training ($70~$100)
An extra Math U See Manipulative set ($35) so they can have their own sets or extras


Rosetta Stone Spanish ($100+)

Prima Latina instructional dvd (around $40ish)

A 5 bedroom/3 bathroom house with a wrap~around porch leading to a sun room, a big, flat, backyard, oh... and a bonus room...for our homeschool, of course, and a piano.  (I did say it was my wish list, so, I'm wishing!)


God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment