Friday, July 13, 2012

Funnies on Fridays: Cow Appreciation Day

One of my family's favorite 'holidays' is the annual Chick-fil-a:Cow Appreciation Day.  It's the one day a year that you get to dress up like a cow and get your food for free. 

 Three of the cutest little calves you'll ever see.

The first year we participated, (before Sunshine was born), I printed out the designs that the CFA website offers and just taped it to our shirts.  It worked, but I decided to 'beef' it up a little this year by cutting out felt pieces and doing a quick hand-stitch.  This makes it easy to remove later without leaving a lot of holes.  The ears are just pinned on to headbands, scrunchies, (and a ninja mask~his choice), with safety pins.  
"Will moo for food!"

Then, we 'hoofed' it on over, via the minivan, to join the other cows on this wonderful day of celebration.  The clerks behind the counter even rang the cowbell when we walked in.  It was so much fun to see all of the other herds that came in while we were there, each with their own branding.  I would say that the entire meal order being free was the best part, but it wasn't.  The best part was making fun traditions and fun memories with my little ones.  There may come a day when they think they are 'too cool' to dress up, so I'm going to enjoy it every year that I can while it lasts.  
Whether you dress everyone up like a cow or not, I urge you to make fun traditions with your family that they will remember long afterwards.  I will leave you with one more picture...
The whole "Three Kids & We" herd

If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at me!!  
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment