Friday, June 15, 2012

My First Handmade Hair Bow!!!

With two very cute girly girls, it is inevitable that I learn how to make hair bows.  With Pinterest and Youtube, there is no excuse not to learn.  There are so many amazing resources out there with step by step instructions and even videos, you can learn to make any kind of bow you want. 
I picked Twenty Three Oh One to start my bow making adventures.  Her list and instructions were simple and easy to follow and her pictures were very helpful, especially for this visual learner.

 So...drum roll, please...My First Hair Bow!






I will confess, I did not follow the instructions on the site I chose, completely.  I did not have enough 1 1/2 inch wide ribbon to make a complete one~layer bow.  So, I decided to do the triple bow, only I used one layer with the 1 1/2 inch ribbon, and the other 2 layers were 1inch ribbons.  I think if I had enough ribbon, I would have used contrasting colors with the different size ribbons.  But, as it is, I used left over ribbon that I saved from various gift packaging.  (That, my friends, is called recycling, lol!).
I don't think it's quite 'etsy' quality, yet, but my Sweet Pea was very pleased with me and with the bow, and was a most gracious hair model. 

Here's how it looks on a headband for the littlest ones...
 
(This was the only still picture we could get of Sunshine, and just before she removed the bow...again!)

All in all, I am happy with my first attempt and my girly girls are happy, too.  And that's what matters to me.  Thanks to Twenty Three Oh One for your awesome directions and pictures. 
I can't wait to make even more!!

God Bless!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment